Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 98 and ME - Critical Security Updates available

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 harrywaldron

harrywaldron

Security Reporter

• Members
  • 509 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 09:48 PM

Windows 98 and ME are legacy Operating Systems which are being maintained on extended support by Microsoft Security. Security releases for 98 and ME will generally lag behind the security updates made for XP and 2000 which are under current support.

Several critical updates for calendar year 2005 are now available through the Windows Update process for 98 and ME. In updating one of our home PCs, six critical updates were successfully applied and everything continues to work well so far.

Windows 98 and ME security updates released on March 10, 2005
http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/159400240

Windows Update Link for 98 and ME
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsupdate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:21 PM

Posted 13 March 2005 - 12:39 AM

As always, thanks.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users