Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Needed With Trojan's Please!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 uggmiest

uggmiest

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site.

Well, I've browsed the web for years without any problems using AVG free, although I am no expert with anything to do with a computer.
My mate borrowed my laptop for a few months, and when I turned it on yesterday he'd managed to uninstall AVG and my Firewall. After re-installing and scanning it found 8 infected files which I 'healed'. The problem is that they keep coming back. AVG is preventing them doing any harm I think, as they are getting moved to the vault and in the AVG log they are checked as 'cleared'.
He thinks the problem started when his daughter sent him a file through MSN if this is any help.

I notice this forum can solve problems with HJT, which I have just installed and scanned my computer, unfortunately the log means nothing to me!

I would be extremely grateful for any assistance with this virus. Below is the AVG virus vault as it is now.

Virus name, path, date of detection, filename, file size.

Trojan horse Spyre.E","C:\WINDOWS\Temp\328231.exe","2/23/2008 4:02:53 PM","328231.exe","29 KB"
Trojan horse Spam","C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLCtrl32.dll","2/23/2008 4:34:49 PM","WLCtrl32.dll","7 KB"
Trojan horse Spam","C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLCtrl32.dll","2/22/2008 10:11:39 PM","WLCtrl32.dll","7 KB"
Trojan horse PSW.Spy.C","C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dumplog.exe","2/22/2008 10:15:04 PM","dumplog.exe","14 KB"
Trojan horse Spyre.E","C:\WINDOWS\Temp\127733.exe","2/22/2008 10:16:10 PM","127733.exe","29 KB

Regards uggmiest.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 06 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

Hello uggmiest and welcome to BC :flowers:

Sorry for the delayed response. We are all volunteers here and sometimes things slip past us.

In order to assist you we need some more information.

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista, etc.?

What other security programs do you have installed besides AVG AntiVirus and your firewall?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users