Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Start Up No User Names

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maddy

maddy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:21 AM

Hi i've just had my laptop formatted by a shop and it was working fine when i got it back .started it up this morning and it goes to the blue windows screen and says sign in with user name but on the right hand page where user names are usually shown it is just blank. i have tried booting in safe mode and also safe mode back to last good settings but i still get the same windows screen . any ideas on how to get into the pc :thumbsup: :flowers:
<span style='color:purple'>Treat Others As You Like To Be Treated Yourself.</span>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,562 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

I've had that happen once...I think I just did a repair install of XP, but there's probably a less severe fix.

Hmmm...try Control/Alt/Delete at the screen and see what happens.

Louis

#3 maddy

maddy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:28 AM

thanks for your reply . i took it back to the shop that did the reinstall of windows . not that happy with them as they said it was something i had installed when i got it back . only had it back from them for 1 day and had only put windows messenger live on it. they agreed to fix it this time . thanks for the reply though .
<span style='color:purple'>Treat Others As You Like To Be Treated Yourself.</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users