Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cd-rw Crx880a Driver Corrupted

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenstream

greenstream

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

About a week ago I found out that I had been infected with spyware, malware, virus, trojans you name it I had it... After a lengthy search for a sollution through google and many attempts with different pc fixers and virus removers and malware detectors I came upon your sight... I read one of your forums that gave in great detail of an explanation on the steps needed to find the problem, fix the problem and protect myself from a futire attack... (Thanks) but about 2 days later My CD-RW is no longer operating.. When I opened my computer it wasn't listed as a drive so I checked the control panel and saw rhat it had an exclamation point on it.. I double clicked the Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A ATA Device and under status it states "Windows cannot load the debice driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) So i clicked on check for solutions and a window popped on real quick and closed stating "Could not load driver software". I clicked on the drivers tab and went to driver details and it shows C:\\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\cdrom.sys with an icon that has a check mark next to it and right underneath that it says C:\\Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys... I clicked on the update driver and it tells me that my drivers are up to date... I was thinking about uninstalling the driver and then downloading it but when i clicked on the Uninstall button a message Warning: You are about to uninstall this device from your system... Im pretty sure that uninstalling it and downloading the driver again would fic the problem but I need a 2nd opinion.. Also I might be completely off and going about it the wronge way with a better sollution... I appreciate all the assistance you can provide... And btw I think your websight is awesome and very usefull... :thumbsup:

I forgot to add I am using a gateway model # MA7 and im running windows premium ... Dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Edited by greenstream, 22 February 2008 - 09:16 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

Go ahead and uninstall it. When you reboot the machine, Windows will detect it and reinstall it.If that doesn't work, post back
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users