Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moving Wmp Files To Itunes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

Hi.
I know this is a trivial subject, but i still cannot figure out how to move music files from windows media player to itunes, which i have recently switched to. Can anyone help? I am not good with computers, and have no idea about them, so treat me like a rookie.
Thanks to anyone who can help. Again, i know this is somewhat simple, but i do not know how to do it.
Thanks everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:17 PM

You don't actually move your music files from one player to another. Instead you import the files from your drive to your player of choice. Open up Itunes player. On the left side, under Library, click on Music.

Now look at the top of the player, under File. There are a few choices when it comes to adding your music. You can choose Add file (a tedious process as it adds only one file at a time), Add folder, or by using Import. On my computer, I have a folder in My Music called SONGS, and artists are listed in folders according the first name of the artist. In my case, I would use the Import function, choose the Songs folder, and the sub-folders will all be added to the player at one time. It's up to you for which method to use-whatever is the easiest and most efficient.

Your music will NOT be deleted from your hard drive when you import into a player.

It isn't a trivial subject if you don't know the answer.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 22 February 2008 - 07:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users