Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Guess Am Infected With A Trojen..please Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ebtehal

ebtehal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:50 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 04:22 PM

I have a problem with my PC
my computer is slow...
yahoo messenger can't sign in..it is just turned off when I click sign in..

when starting up my system after logging to windows..I received an error message about "amvo.exe" error..but not each time I start the system..
I'm using windows Xp professional.

a prompt reply will be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Sorry to inform you that this is an extremely dangerous virus. It will allow another machine Complete access to yours. That means ALL your data,account numbers and passwords. EVERY keystroke you make is available to them.
If you keep any important data or financial informaton on it,it has probably been taken.
If the case is that you have sensitve data on it then you should disconnect it from the internet and completely format the drive.
You can go through the HiJackThis Log process and clean the machine of the malware files. BUT that is still NO guarantee that this PC can ever be trusted for security again. Thier is no way to be certain the malware hasn't compromised the system's security.
You have to make a decision based on that . Consider what this machime is used for and what will it be used for.
Please read this:When should I re-format?

If you would prefer to do the cleaning please follow these instructions.
Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Edited by boopme, 22 February 2008 - 09:28 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users