Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locked Out (administrator Password) Something Strange

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Savooie

Savooie

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Hello I have been struggling for some days now attempting to get by the "Administrater Password" on windows loadup. I have never set up a password or user name for it so i dont know why this is showing up. I have tried entering threw "Safemode" but again it loads up the Administrator password i cant get by it at all, i even try to go into CMD command prompt and still the same problem my computer have completly locked me out it will not even let me reinstall my windows xp it forces itself to the password crap :thumbsup: . if someone could help me out with this problem it be greatly appreciated. im wondering if my Registry file could be corrupt ( one of them anyway ) if so what are the steps to fixing this? if anyone needs more details on the problem i am having i will gladly share more with you. Please someone take the time out and help i need on my computer for my schooling all my essays are on their. email (xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx)

Edited by usasma, 22 February 2008 - 03:42 PM.
email addy removed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

How can it lock you out before reinstalling windows?

Ive been reinstalling XP over computers that people didn't know their password to all this week. Perhaps it is a BIOS password?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer =)

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 22 February 2008 - 03:10 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 Savooie

Savooie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

I press f8 and it takes me to my reformatting screen but before i can get to the reformatting it takes me straight back to my Admin password, i know its screwed up and no i have no BIOS password iv check many times, iv even tryed removing my hard drive putting it in my other computer to try but with no avail. i can do nothing it was hard to believe that even in SAFE MODE it wouldn't even let me in. im stumped iv looked all over the internet for someone else who is having the same problems but theres does not seem to be this severe

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

The Admin password...only prevents unauthorized users...from installing or repairing (via repair install) a version of XP.

There is no request for a password when one is doing a repair install of XP, only when attempting to access the Recovery Console.

BIOS passwords are set up to prevent unauthorized usage of a PC...this is a different animal than a request by XP for an Admin password.

Be more definitive of...what you doing...when the "problem" appears...etc.

It's not very informative to speak in generalities when seeking help for a computer problem...too many scenarios possible. One size does not fit all in Windows...

Louis

#5 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:08:50 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

Hi Savooie, Welcome to BC,

Um... you mentioned 'school', is there any chance that one of your rents might have slapped an Admin PW on your system so that they would know when you wanted to get on the Internet?

People here will try to help you get this problem ironed out BUT ain't no one too likely to be helping you get around any PC Admin passwords.

I also have the same question that xXAlphaXx asked you... I mean all you have to do is open the CD drive, stick in either the Windows Installation CD or the Recovery CD and then reboot the system with the CD in the drice and you're on your way.

And what hamluis said too... give some specifics about your system and what first caused the problem. Don't just beat around the bush with generalities or people are gonna start looking at you sideways and thinking you're trying to crack someone else's system instead of just having trouble getting into your own.

Good Luck,

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users