Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Un-install Sony Program

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Soundnick

Soundnick

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

Well I'd like to start by saying, HELLO. I just registered and this is my first post, looks like a real nice place here. So for the topic:

Windows will not allow me to uninstall Sony Sound Forge 9.0e. My trial ran out and I want it off my computer, however when I go to add/remove programs and hit remove it says it cannot open "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Sony Media Software\Sound Forge\9.0"

Which is obviously a registry file, so I went into my registry and followed the path and could not find this file. So I've tried to install later versions and even the same, and it tells me that I "already have it installed, remove it with add/remove programs and try again"

Just a whole messy cycle... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

Try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Check any box that refers to Sony and run it. See if that helps
** Do not use this app. for Microsoft Office applications***

You can also locate the application's folder, open it and see if there's and uninstaller file there

Edited by garmanma, 22 February 2008 - 02:43 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Soundnick

Soundnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Thanks for the response, I thought it was going to work. But I get the same message. Do you think it could have anything to do with a windows system file or anything?

Here is the actual error box:

Posted Image

Edited by Soundnick, 22 February 2008 - 11:00 PM.

#4 Soundnick

Soundnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:00 AM

Any thoughts or ideas... I'm still fighting this thing!

#5 rongchaua

rongchaua

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 04 March 2008 - 04:20 AM

Go to the Registry, right Click on it, choose Permissions, set the right permissions (read,write,delete) for the account you are using. Then uninstall again. Hope it will work.

Posted Image

#6 Soundnick

Soundnick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Go to the Registry, right Click on it, choose Permissions, set the right permissions (read,write,delete) for the account you are using. Then uninstall again. Hope it will work.

Well I used the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility, so now Sound Forge does not appear in the ADD/REMOVE list. However, I think I tried that before I used the cleanup utility and it gave me the same message.

It seems as if all the files from sound forge have been cleared from my system, but for some reason I still get this message when I try to re-install it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users