Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Help Cleaning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sesmu

Sesmu

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:11 AM

I've run Housecall utility, but it still doesn't look clean. Here's HijackThis log. Thank you.
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:03:21 AM, on 2/22/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.20696)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Unlocker\UnlockerAssistant.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\hjt\hjt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntos.exe,
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Canon Easy Web Print Helper - {68F9551E-0411-48E4-9AAF-4BC42A6A46BE} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\EWPBrowseLoader.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut] HDAudPropShortcut.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanSoft OmniPage SE 4.0-reminder] "C:\Program Files\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\Ereg.exe" -r "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ScanSoft\OmniPageSE4.0\Ereg\ereg.ini"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcWzrd] ALCWZRD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {25365FF3-2746-4230-9DA7-163CCA318309} (Automatic Driver Installation Control) - http://inst.c-wss.com/n035p/EN/install/gtdownlr.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: LogCrypt - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LogCrypt.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WLCtrl32 - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WLCtrl32.dll
O23 - Service: AppMgmt - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\154937.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ASP.NET State Service (aspnet_state) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_state.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\155234.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: clr_optimization_v2.0.50727_32 - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: dmadmin - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\155031.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: lxdc_device - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxdccoms.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 5431 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lusitano

lusitano

Portuguese Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:10 AM

You might want to save this page on your favorites, so you can find it again when you return.

Please take note of the following:
  • I will be handling your log and helping you, please do not make any system changes yet.
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean. Be patience.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine
  • If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please give me some time to look over your log and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

:thumbsup:
Posted Image
Please do not PM me asking for support.
Please be courteous, polite, and say thank you.
Please post the final results, good or bad. We like to know!

#3 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

Hello Sesmu,

Please do not post your logs on the Quotes, because its hard to read. Thanks! :thumbsup:

( 1 ) One of the identified infections is a Infostealer.Banker.C is a Trojan horse that may steal sensitive information from the compromised computer.
If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, you should immediately disconnect from the Internet until your system is cleaned.
All passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay and forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach.

( 2 ) It is important that your computer has an antivirus software running on your machine.
Your log doesn't show an antivirus software running. This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world. If you have disabled your antivirus software, please re-enable it.
You need to install an antivirus program as soon as you can and run a complete scan of the computer. Please download and install one of these good (and free) products:

Avira Antivir
Avast
AVG

Install just one of these products and then run a full scan. Let it quarantine/delete anything it finds. Let me know if there is anything that it reports but can not remove.

Note: I do not recommend that you have more than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time.
The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:

1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

( 3 ) Are you using a firewall? I see nothing in your log that would indicate that you have one installed and active.

If not, I urge you to install one since it's your first defense against malware. There are several good but for free programmes available like:

Sygate
Kerio

For a tutorial on Firewalls click: Understanding and Using Firewalls!

( 4 ) Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

( 5 ) Please download SDFix by AndyManchesta and save it to your desktop.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
  • (this is the drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix).
  • DO NOT use it just yet.
( 6 ) Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

( 7 ) Open the SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services or Registry Entries found then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts, the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • Copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt in your next replyalong with a new HijackThis log.
-- If this error message is displayed when running SDFix: "The command prompt has been disabled by your administrator. Press any key to continue..."
Please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:
%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\swreg IMPORT %systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\Enable_Command_Prompt.reg
Press Ok and then run SDFix again.

-- If the Command Prompt window flashes on then off again on XP or Win 2000, please go to Start Menu > Run > and copy/paste the following line:
%systemdrive%\SDFix\apps\FixPath.exe /Q
Reboot and then run SDFix again.

-- If SDFix still does not run, check the %comspec% variable. Right-click My Computer > click Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables and check that the ComSpec variable points to cmd.exe.
%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe

( 8 ) Download ComboFix from Here or Here to your Desktop.

( 9 ) Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

( 10 ) Now, close any open browsers.
  • Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:
File::
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WLCtrl32.dll
IMPORTANT: The above script was written specifically for this infection on this person's computer. It is NOT to be used on another computer, as it may cause damage that could result in a format!
  • Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe
    Posted Image
  • Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you at "C:\ComboFix.txt". Post them along with a new HijackThis log.
Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

( 11 ) In your next reply, please post:
  • A new HijackThis log.
  • The results from SDFix. (step nš 7)
  • The results from ComboFix. (step nš10)
Regards
Posted Image

#4 Sesmu

Sesmu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:07 AM

Thanks, lusitano. I'll report as soon as I'm finished.

( 3 ) Are you using a firewall? I see nothing in your log that would indicate that you have one installed and active.

If not, I urge you to install one since it's your first defense against malware. There are several good but for free programmes available like:

Sygate
Kerio

For a tutorial on Firewalls click: Understanding and Using Firewalls!

Just a note: doesn't look like any of these firewalls are free.

#5 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:47 AM

Ok, you can get these:

Comodo Firewall Pro
Online Armor Free edition
Posted Image

#6 Sesmu

Sesmu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:55 AM

Hi lusitano,

well... my hard drive has crashed right before I was going to implement all those steps. So all this is no longer relevant.

I appreciate your willingness to help though.

Best regards,
Sesmu

#7 __RiP_ChAiN_

__RiP_ChAiN_

Eh, whatever goes here.

• Members
  • 1,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

This thread will now be closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a member of the HJT Team and we will reopen it for you.
Include the address of this thread in your request.
If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.
This applies only to the original topic starter.
Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users