Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found An Alienware Gamin Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MikesThatGuy

MikesThatGuy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

Ok..my friend recommended me to Alienware Gaming PCs since i need a better gaming computer. I found one called the..."Alienware: Area-51 7500 Desktop". I have heard they are EXCELLENT computers straight from the store..I am just wondering if I should keep it like that or upgrade alittle bit...I really dont have a budget...I dont wanna spend more than $1700 though....I want to use this Gaming PC for RTS games, FPS games, and just basically any game that I could play on a GREAT Gaming PC.

Here is the link to the PC...

http://www.alienware.com/product_detail_pa...ode=SKU-DEFAULT

Here is the link to the customization page where you can customize the PC...I am wondering if these components are good...or if I should upgrade any of them before I buy....

http://www.alienware.com/Configurator_Page...ode=SKU-DEFAULT

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!! I play on buying this before this summer...so Thank you SO MUCH!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

The default processor is an excellent one, and to upgrade to any of the others, they are ripping you off badly.

Water cooling would be a waste

The 750watt default power supply should be fine.

Definitely upgrade the graphics to the 512mb 8800GT. For only 100$ more you're getting a big improvement. Anyway the 8600GTS isn't that great of a card.

I would leave the ram at 2gb. They want 200$ more for 2gb more. You can buy 1gb of ram on newegg for as low as $25 . Anyway 2gb would probably be enough for now, but you would probably soon want 4gb if you're playing newer games.

Pick whatever operating system you would prefer, vista or xp.

The hard drive of course I can't tell you how much storage you are going to need. The one piece of advice I'll give is that the expensive 10,000rpm hard drives aren't worth it. I've never used on, but I've heard from many people that they don't notice a difference.

The killer nic card, the physics card, and the sound cards are luxuries. None of them are necessary but might help a little. Personally I don't think any of those are worth it. Anyway you can buy any of those things later from a store like newegg for half the price.

Well hopefully this helps you out a bit!
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:37 PM

If you want more than 3.5 gigs of ram you will want a 64bit OS then you will want 8gigs of ram. Read this Article on THG.com
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 MikesThatGuy

MikesThatGuy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 11:25 AM

ok...thank you for your information...and I am always open for more suggestions before I buy it...but yea...thank you so much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users