Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop Time

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

Going to school next year in naval architechture and was looking around for a new computer. My laptop is going to be 2 and she is getting old. I just bought me a nice gaming machine (6000+ AMD, 3 gigs of RAM, 8800GT Video Card) so I don't need it for games. It's basically for Word, Excel, Email, Calendar, MSN. I was looking at the MacBook and really like it. I like the size of it (a 13inch screen is fine) and something that is light. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also had this laptop in mind
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=2508

What could be the pros of cons of this one compared to the MacBook?

Edited by Klinkaroo, 21 February 2008 - 04:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MattV

MattV

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

You say you're just going to be using it for "Word, Excel, Email, Calendar, MSN". So if you aren't going to be using any memory-demanding gaming applications and what not on it, then what's wrong with the one you've got? Is it just that it's two years old? So what? If it serves for what you need it to, then it doesn't really need to be replaced, does it? So keep using it. And then you can go spend the money on other cool stuff. :thumbsup:

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 07:40 PM

I guess you are right... I did want a car too... maybe an extra 1000 dollars on my car budget wouldn't be such a bad thing :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users