Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Humerous Virus .

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 33bailey

33bailey

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:55 PM

Hello everyone.I am pretty sure that I have a humerous virus ,that has got to the point where it is no longer funny.It started with doors opening and closing when I wasnt doing anything differently (like no new mail no web searches)then I got this womans voice sniffing and saying ahhhh and mmmmm Yeau heard me right sniffing.I thought well maybe I have finally lost it,then thankfully my husband heard it when I was in a different room .Then my daughter has heard it .Well to make a long story short this goes on daily and the doors opening and shutting .I was just dealing,now though I am having a very difficult time staying on the net.Constantly losing internet connection.I thought maybe it is aol again.But that doesnt seem to be the case.My question is this .How do you get rid of a humerous virus ? Are there certain tools for removal or what? I have mcafee and the mcafee isnt picking anything up.I also have windows defender.But this can not be normal to have your computer talking to you.I am also concerned that this could be a worm or something infecting all my files and I dont even know what is happening.Any help would be very appreciated.Also I am fairly new to computers just getting my first one a year ago and being self taught at an old age,haha.I honestly wish that I would have started learning on anything besides vista.Beacuse from everything that I hear and have experienced vista is definately not very user friendly.Just when I think that I got it under control wham up comes this sexy talking voice from the puter telling me I smell good .

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:10 AM

Hello 33bailey and welcome to BC :flowers:

It started with doors opening and closing

Doors? Can you explain this a bit more? Are these images of doors on the computer? Are these sounds?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 33bailey

33bailey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

Hi orange blossom and thanks for the quick reply.It is the sound of a door creaking open then it is almost like someone is in your puter checking things out because the door stays open for awhile then you can hear it slam closed.It was really freaky the other day the door opened so I hurried up and put mcafee scan on and the minute that I clicked scan the door slammed close.It sounds just like a real slamming and opening door (really wierd).I think it was probably just coincidence on the mcafee thing but who knows. I can barely stay on the net now constantly going off and the wierd thing is when I still have internet conection and the welcome screen is coming up it will try and reconnect while already connected. The location I have it is really hard to get dsl so it is dial up only.I havnt found anything that likes to jive with vista yet (because of the mcafee I believe)Anywhoo ANY help would appreciated more than you know.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,702 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:41 AM

So your operating system is Vista? Please confirm.

Do you have any security programs installed on your computer? If so, what are they?

I'd like you to scan with SUPERAntiSpyware in Safe Mode. This program does work with VISTA. I just double-checked. You will, of course, install it in Normal Mode. If you have problems downloading the file, go to another computer and download the file to a disk or flash drive and install it on your machine from the disk or flash drive.

Download and install SUPERAntiSpyware free found here: SUPERAntiSpyware

Be sure to click on the download button to the left, not on the free trial download on the right.

Install it and double-click the icon on your desktop to run it.
It will ask if you want to update the program definitions, click Yes.
Under Configuration and Preferences, click the Preferences button.
Click the Scanning Control tab.
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked:
  • Close browsers before scanning
  • Scan for tracking cookies
  • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
o Please leave the others unchecked.
o Click the Close button to leave the control center screen.
Reboot into Safe Mode
On the main screen, under Scan for Harmful Software click Scan your computer.
On the left check C:\Fixed Drive.
On the right, under Complete Scan, choose Perform Complete Scan.
Click Next to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
After the scan is complete a summary box will appear. Click OK.
Make sure everything in the white box has a check next to it, then click Next.
It will quarantine what it found and if it asks if you want to reboot, click Yes.
Reboot into Normal Mode
To retrieve the removal information for me please do the following:
o After reboot, double-click the SUPERAntispyware icon on your desktop.
o Click Preferences. Click the Statistics/Logs tab.
o Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
o It will open in your default text editor (such as Notepad/Wordpad).
o Please highlight everything in the notepad, then right-click and choose copy.
Click close and close again to exit the program.

Please post the log in your next reply.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#5 33bailey

33bailey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:31 AM

Hello, yea I have mcaffee for security and windows defender (hope mcafee doesnt fight the superantispyware).I also do have vista home premium.I am going to go and download the antispyware now ,then will post tomorrow, thanks

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,584 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:48 AM

It is the sound of a door creaking open then it is almost like someone is in your puter checking things out because the door stays open for awhile then you can hear it slam closed

ISP features like AOL's Buddy List "Buddy" sounds, AIM and other instant messaging programs can be attributed to complaints such as this. AOL in particular uses opening and closing door sounds to indicate when a buddy has logged on or off.

If using AOL, this is how you set buddy sounds:
  • On the Buddy List window, click the Setup button.
  • On the Buddy List Setup window, click the IM Settings link.
  • On the Buddy List Settings window, click the Expressions tab.
  • In the Buddy Arrival & Departure Sounds list, you can choose one of the following:
    • Play other members' AOL Sound when they appear on or leave my Buddy List (to hear personal sounds).
    • Play AOL's default sound (to hear the same sounds for every buddy who appears on or leaves your Buddy List).
    • Do not play any sound.
  • Choose "Do not play an sound" and click the Save button to apply your changes.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 33bailey

33bailey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:39 PM

Thanks quitman for that.That might very well explain the doors opening and I am going to go try that right now.I however do not know about the sexy voice saying mmm and aww, and the sniffing.I tryed to download the superantispyware and it downloaded but now when double clicking the pop up says not a win 32 program.Then when I right click it and run as administrator it says no sufficient memory.I have plenty of memory left in my puter so I dont get that one.I am going to go try to download again.I'll Let you know orange blossom if I get a log or not.Thanks guys and gals!!

Edited by 33bailey, 22 February 2008 - 02:47 PM.

#8 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,584 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:01 PM

There are all sorts of sounds that can be added to include people talking and making odd noises.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users