Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invidia Video Card

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldbentbob

oldbentbob

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

:thumbsup: Hellow there... I'm running a Invidia e-GeForce 7600 GT video card in my other computer and my frame rate slows
down and then freezes up ( this happends on DirectX and OpenGL settings ). I,d tried every adjustment that I could think of,
I downloaded the latest drivers, and installed ,I used the Invidia control panel and still not much improvement.
I was reading the system requirement list on the box and one item was Minimum system power is 400 Watts,
I have a 300 Watt power supply in my PC. Could that have something to do with my problem????
Any advice will be helpful thank you. BOB

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:08 AM

How old is the card? Did you just buy it? If so, return it to the store and get a new one.

You said you have all the recent drivers installed, so that is good, but have you made any changes or left all settings default?

Have you contacted nVidia tech support?

Oh and nVidia is spelled with only two I's. :thumbsup:

#3 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:10 AM

Not having a big enough power supply can cause a lot of problems with your video. Here is a link to find out how much power you should have for your system.

POWER SUPPLY CALCULATOR

If you decide to buy a new power supply, don't go cheap if you can afford to. Some good names are Antec, Thermaltake, PC Power. There are others, but I can't remember, some I've heard recommended but don't know about. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#4 lowtek_otc

lowtek_otc

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

Not having a big enough power supply can cause a lot of problems with your video. Here is a link to find out how much power you should have for your system.

POWER SUPPLY CALCULATOR

If you decide to buy a new power supply, don't go cheap if you can afford to. Some good names are Antec, Thermaltake, PC Power. There are others, but I can't remember, some I've heard recommended but don't know about. :thumbsup:

Antec makes good stuff at a good price

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users