Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want To Do Graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

so you want to make graphics or edit pictures but don't want to feel like a noob using paint. well don't worry you are not the only one, my studies show that 8 in 10 people don't know how to do graphics.

The first point to remember is you are not only limited to photoshop to make signatures.

1.gimp great program lots of possibilities very good support

2.paint.net oh don't be scared now because it has paint in it don't mean its paint this actully is paint.net no not a websites name but a program well actully it is a website but anyways this can do many things layers all that good stuff.

pics pics everyone loves pics.

picture of gimp- look at all the possibilities

Posted Image

paint.net

Posted Image

so your a rich boy or can afford it.

There is photoshop now photoshop its a lot of fun to use lots of effects and everything.

There are two version cs2 and cs3 cs3 is more improved.

Posted Image

And a pic of cs3

Posted Image

ok so you got the programs whats that you want to get started already well hold on there well actully dont hold on explore the program get a feel for it.

now get some tutorials do you think you just started wallking when you were a baby no you saw your momy do it and you copied well thats what tutorials help us do. turoail website are in resources.

you will also need renders fool how you gonna do graphics without images. renders websites are in resources also.

-resources-

if you got photoshop or gimp you will be intersted in.
www.tutorialized.com

photoshop
www.good-tutorials.com

gimp

www.gimp-tutorials.com/

gimp.org/tutorials

and paint.net

painttuts.com

photoshop.com

gimp.org

paint.net

notes/disclaimer

paint.net is the website where you download the program and the programs name so dont get confused.

photoshop is not free.

gimp and paint.net also supports plugins

There are also other programs out there not that i know of but these are tested by me.

In my opinion photoshop is fun to use, you can do many advanced stuff if you know how. gimp was a little hard for me but there are dozens of tutorials. paint.net is quick and simple and can get advanced also.

YOU SHOULD NOT TRUST THIS TUTORAIL IT WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE THAT SUCKS AT GRAPHICS AND BEEN ONLY AT IT FOR 2 MONTHS.

o yea how could i forget particapate in all the gfx contests on the web.

ummm have fun :thumbsup:

Edited by Thelastleap, 20 February 2008 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:08 AM

www.pixel2life.com is also a good tutorial site, not sure about gimp or paint.net, but it does have photoshop tutorials. =)

#3 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 AM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:08 PM

GIMP is what I use. Its by far the best when you don't want to pay 650$ for PSCS3, or risk getting caught with extremely expensive pirated software....

You know that the screenshot of the GIMP you have up there is pretty outdated. They've got a new 2.4 stable release which looks much better. Thats got to be like 1.0-2.0, because 2.2 even looked better than that.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users