Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Hosts + Reccomendations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SCOBAHCAN

SCOBAHCAN

• Banned
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:42 PM

At the moment I have one SBI website (which is not doing very well) I am contemplating a second one . As my funds are limited. I am considering going with another Web host (at least for now) but I don't know, which one to use that may be as honest as SBI has been to me and which one has similar features. Even though it may not be as good as SBI.
If any one can recommend any Web hosts that I can begin with so that when I get funds. I may switch back to SBI.(Which I not only know that of the have heard from many sources to be the best ).
(SBI is $ 299 per year).

Can I also ask you all to please look at my website and recommend any ways in which I can improve on it.

Thanks a lot ___ Craig___

Edited by KoanYorel, 08 May 2008 - 02:18 AM.
to remove site URL

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

I think your website is very nice but i think the reason it might not be doing so good is because of the domain its kind of hard to remember. For good web buiness hosts i heard good feed back from 1and1 hosting users.

#3 fairminder

fairminder

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:27 AM

One of the best things you can do for your web site is acquire links from other web sites to your web site. You can start with paying to submit to the top tier directories, like Yahoo Dir, JoAnt and so on. Then seek out industry specific directories. You may also find that the the establishments that you write about will want to link to you, if your articles are well written.

A feature that I have always wanted to implement would be a google maps mashup that illustrated the location of each restaurant along with some vital information - cuisine, hours, parking - whatever you decide is most valuable. As an example, you can see this map - http://www.daylite.com/our-clients, but the client didn't want to give away much information about their clients, in this case. You could also provide driving directions to and from each establishment.

Maybe this could be a a value add service that you can charge for. :thumbsup:

From a usability standpoint, you might want to add page titles. Another option is to have the red button turn white when visiting that page. Wayfinding is critical. Visitors want to know where they are and where they have been. You might also try a little harder to have the button names match the page titles. For example, things to do and attractions are not closely aligned.

Placing Google ads right under your headings, before any text will be seen as pretty spammy. I can understand if you feel you need the revenue. If you can move them, it will be better for the visitor.

#4 Louismjj

Louismjj

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:27 AM

it takes ages to load on a virgin 1gbps connection

#5 pislkie

pislkie

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

Have you validated the code yet my quick validator gives 36 code warnings on your home page. Unclosed tags and all sorts.
I noticed on the Home Page, you have no H1 heading but you do have H2 and H3 nested which are the first content text to apear in the page anf they are on line 135. Moving more script into an external file would move you content text up. Some say it makes no difference, I think it does.

I think you need to buff up on your Document Structure as per W3C then you will find that the SEs will like the site a lot better also.
>>>piskie<<<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users