Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Volume Too Low?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

The volume on my vista dosent go as high as the volume on my XP used to. I have Realtek AC'97 Audio, with Altec Lansing 40watt 2.1channel speakers. I used to keep my speakers on Half volume and when id raise the volume all the way(on XP) it would be SOOOO loud. but now i have to keep the speakers on FULL volume, and the volume in vista near there.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

nvm guys i fixed it, i had to raise the FRONT volume...scared the #$%^ out of me when i did it cuz the volume was like BAFKLADALKJFADKLJALJAFDDA loud. lol

#3 jamesup

jamesup

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

I am pleased that you have solved your problem. Have you attempted to start a complete PC Backup & Restore with the DVD option? Go to Control Panel, then to Backup & Restore Center, then put a blank, formatted +RW DVD in your DVD drive, then press the Backup Computer tab, then "after looking for backup devices" finishes, select "on one or more DVD's", then press "next" twice, then press "Start Backup". Then after the "Windows is saving the Backup" and "Preparing to Create Backup" finishes, what happens? For me I receive a screen that says, "Label & insert a disk bigger than 1 GB". However, the DVD in the drive is in fact bigger than 1 GB. I can never get past that screen and am required to stop the backup. I have found no solution to this problem. The program says DVD's can be used; so it would seem that option should work. James

Edited by jamesup, 20 February 2008 - 08:28 PM.

#4 jamesup

jamesup

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

I have recently purchased a Dell XPS 420 and it seems I have one problem after another. When I solve one problem, I go to the next operation and astonishingly a problem happens there also. I had problems with my speaker volume also. I solved it by going to the sound icon in the control panel and adjusting the speaker levels. Then I added a stereo extension to my speaker line, and the the sound came out of only one speaker. After puzzling over that for an hour or more, I found I needed to reverse the ends of the speaker extension. Now I am working on this problem in my current message, although it's not a critical one since I can backup to an external hard drive. However, I would like to back up to removable disks so I can store them away. James

#5 jamesup

jamesup

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:58 PM

I discovered why Complete PC Backup & Restore wasn't working with the DVD option. I had a +RW CD inserted in the DVD drive instead of a +RW DVD. The option works very well if a +RW DVD is used. However, I still need to discover how to make a Rev drive work. James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users