Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Complete Pc Backup & Restore

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamesup

jamesup

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

When I select a DVD or Rev drive for a complete PC Backup & Restore operation, I receive error messages. If I select the Rev drive, I receive the error message, "media is not UDF", when the Rev disk reports UDF format. When I select the DVD drive, I receive the error message, "insufficient space for backup", when the previous screen stated only a 1 GB space is required and the blank DVD has 4.67 GB space. I've formatted the disks before inserting them, but that does not correct the problem. I am able to perform a Complete PC Backup to a NTFS formatted external hard disk. Is there a person who has experienced this difficulty with the Complete PC Backup & Restore facility in Vista or knows a solution for it? Thanks. James

Edited by jamesup, 20 February 2008 - 03:11 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jamesup

jamesup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

I discovered why the DVD option wasn't working with the Complete Backup and Restore program. I had a +RW CD inserted in the DVD drive instead of a +RW DVD. The program works very well if a +RW DVD disk is used. However, I still need to discover how to make a Rev drive work. Perhaps the program won't work with this type drive, although there is no problem copying and storing usual files with it. James

Edited by jamesup, 20 February 2008 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users