Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Live Mesenger Keeps Sending My Contacts Links

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sarah24

Sarah24

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hi all. Please will somebody help me :thumbsup: My freinds have been having a go at me telling me to stop sending them random rubbish on mesenger when Ive clearly not done so. So I'm pretty sure I have a virus of some sort. It keeps sending them links from what they have told me but im sorry I dont know what the link is? I have a free antivirus program (avast) thats suposed to have been protecting me from this and lavasofts "ad-aware" softwear that I run occasionally but It seems ive still somehow been infected. The trouble is that when I do a full scan of my computer they find nothing? Somebody told me to try AVG malwear scanner softwear, so I downloaded that, but it still finds nothing?

Can somebody please tell me what I can do to find the virus and hopefully once weve found it, how to remove it.

Thankyou

Sarah x

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:36 PM

Download MsnCleaner_eng.zip from here, but don't use it yet.

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode.
This is done by rebooting Windows and pressing F8 at boot/Windows startup, usually right after the beep.
Then select Safe Mode from the list.
Make sure you choose the option without Networking Support.

Double-click MsnCleaner_eng.exe to run it.
Click the Analyze button.
A report will be created once after you finish scan.
If it finds an infection, click the Delete button.
Now, please reboot back to Normal Mode.
Post the contents of C:\MsnCleaner.txt in a reply to this post.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users