Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need Drivers For Ethernet Port On Old Viglen Genie P4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_danbrownlow_*

Guest_danbrownlow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:39 PM

Hey all, I've spent all day trying to fix a computer and I've tried about 3 versions of linux and have given up and installed good old XP back on it. It's an old computer and doesn't need to really do anything apart from store work.

Anyway, I've just installed it and it cannot find drivers for my NIC card, which means no network on internet connection. I've tried looking all over for drivers but can't find any anywhere which is really starting to get annoying now.

Wondering if anyone could offer any help. I think the motherboard is an INTEL D845GRG but could also be a INTEL D845PT also.

Any help would be appreciated like <------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> much =]

Dan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JPeterman

JPeterman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:31 PM

http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/support/vig...UID=22125870428

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

Right click on the devices and select "Properties"
Click on the Details tab and then select "Hardware ID" from the dropdown box.
Note the 4 characters after VEN_ and the 4 characters after DEV_

Then, go to this website: http://www.pcidatabase.com
and enter the characters after the VEN_ into the Vendor search box.
Then click on Search.
When the link for the Vendor shows up, click on it.
Then search the page for the characters after the DEV_ and let us know what it finds.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Guest_danbrownlow_*

Guest_danbrownlow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:53 AM

Thank you for the reply.. Usasma.. This is what I got

Chip Number: 10011734
Chip Description: LAN Controller with 82562ET/EZ PHY
Notes: bus #1, device #8, drivers http://www.intel.com/design/network/produc...llers/82562.htm

I already checked the Viglen support site but couldn't find the drivers I needed, only the motherboard drivers and I wasn't sure exactly what I needed.

Thanks anyway,
Dan

#5 Guest_danbrownlow_*

Guest_danbrownlow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

Ok, it's all done. Thanks for showing me a good way of finding drivers. Can't thank you enough Usasma =]

Veryyyyyyyy grateful for your help

Dan

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:26 AM

I'm glad it helped you out! Thanks for letting us know.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 JPeterman

JPeterman

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

Realizing this is probably a mute point now, since it would seem you have your problem sorted out. But for future reference when you are at the Viglen site link I posted, all you have to do is to click on the "Click here to view the whole FTP site", and that will take you to their web page that has all their drivers downloads located.

Edited by JPeterman, 21 February 2008 - 11:53 AM.

#8 Guest_danbrownlow_*

Guest_danbrownlow_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

Realizing this is probably a mute point now, since it would seem you have your problem sorted out. But for future reference when you are at the Viglen site link I posted, all you have to do is to click on the "Click here to view the whole FTP site", and that will take you to their web page that has all their drivers downloads located.

Hey', yea' I found that out =] The only problem is on the site they didn't have the driver my computer needed.

ftp://ftp.viglen.co.uk/files/Network_Card...ethergen100.txt

Thanks anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users