Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 model59

model59

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

Hello All,
I`ve tried 6 different system restore points but with the same result each time.Vista shuts down and restarts itself but does a normal boot sequence. I t doesnt appear to start the restore ! 5 minutes or so later a message comes up saying there may have been a power "cut" or a system error. I tried it with antivirus off but that didnt work either.
Any suggestions ?
Another problem Im having that may have some bearing on the above is that none of the windows updates are being installed despite many attempts
Im using Vista Home Premium

Edited by model59, 20 February 2008 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:53 PM

it sounds like something is seriously corrupt there, tbh if i where you id be doing a clean install myself, i had a similar problem where the restore points would not work on my laptop so i just wiped and reinstalled and works no problem since with the restore function
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#3 model59

model59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 PM

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

Thanks Emu.I had a nasty feeling thats what Id probably have to do so here goes ....!

#4 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:27 PM

let us know how you get on, plenty of people on here that will help if you have any problems
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users