Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Long Delay Opening Files On Network & Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 The W12ard

The W12ard

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:01 AM

Help please. For some time now I've had this problem when opening internet explorer and files and folders on my home network. Ok first let me explain the symptoms of Internet Explorer.

When I go to open IE it freezes for about 10-20 seconds like it's waiting or searching for something. Even when I select blank as my homepage it still freezes.

Also when I try to access my other computer on the network it freeezes for about the same time when I click or right click on the file. I have to wait ages before the menu pops up. I'm also having this problem when I right click on a file and I get to the 'sendto' option. It goes down the list and freezes at this point but as far as I can see there isn't any network drives in there so I'm stumped with that one.

I've deleted and reinstalled all network connections, set everything to default and checked on my other PC that the settings are the same but it's still locking up.

Important to note that when I try to access files on this PC from the 2nd computer there is no problem. It's only one way which means the cables and connection must be fine and the problem must be on my PC. I'm not sure what else to check and why it's suddenly started running slow. Once I've opened Internet Explorer it works fine going from site to site. But if I close it down and try again it freezes liek the progress bar is stuck. During this time my network icon (the 2 monitors) is showing no activity either. I did have a malware attack a few weeks back but my computer has been checked by the mods on here and has been clean and free from viruses ever since.

Help appreciated...

Wizard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users