Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Help With Backdoor.win32.ircbot.beb In The File Acnsvc.exe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jungle_panther99

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

I have a file (C:\WINDOWS\system32\acnsvc.exe) infected with the backdoor virus. I have so far tried to use the latest version of Trend Micro 2008, but it has been unable to locate the virus. In addition to this I have also deleted it from the start up registry, however I am unable to locate the actual file so that I can delete it all together. The virus is currently freezing my computer at times, and is making it much slower to run. I beleive the virus infected my computer through windows messenger.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:46 AM

Hi jungle_panther99, Welcome to BC,

Whoa! You need to put this post over here --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ <-- where the security people can help you deal with it.

Whatever you do DON"T make any changes to your system while in this forum unless it's on the advice of someone from the HJT team or a BC Moderator.

Do you have AdAware SE, SpyBot Search & Destroy, SuperAntiSpyware or any other programs like those? If you do you should try running them in Safe Mode with nothing else running to see if they can find that thing and kill it for you.

How do you know that you have acnsvc.exe on your system anyway?

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,777 posts
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 23 February 2008 - 01:27 AM

Hello jungle_panther99,

What is your operating system: Windows XP, Vista etc.?

What program alerted you to the infection?

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users