Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Problem With A.doginhispen And K8l.info

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 MarqR

MarqR

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:44 AM

My computer hs been infected with a.doginhispen, b.skitdayplease. I was getting repeated notices and did not know what they had meant. Now I do not get the notices anymore, but I think they are still there. Now everytime I get online, I get a notice from my Internet Security about a k8l.info. I need help on what is wrong, and how I can get rid of the problem. My computer is super slow right now and doing anything online is a challenge. Any help from expert would greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:57 AM

Hi there, please download Hijack This and save it to your directory such as C:\hijack this

Then open it up and click "do a system scan and save a log file". When its finished scanning save it to a location where you wont forget where it is, i.e. desktop. Then fisit This page and create a new thread with exactly what you have said here, but include your hijack this log :thumbsup:

#3 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:59 AM

Hi MarqR, Welcome to BC.

You kind of posted this in the wrong place, you should be posting this question in this forum --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ <-- so that one of the security people will be able to help you work through it.

Whatever you do DON'T make any changes to your system while in this forum UNLESS you're acting on information from a HJT Team member or a Moderator.

Wendy

Edited by Wendy K. Walker, 20 February 2008 - 05:01 AM.

TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#4 MarqR

MarqR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:52 AM

Thanx!! I posted it on where you recommended!!

#5 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:44 AM

Hi MarqR,

Good, now don't do anything in this thread other than say 'Thank you' to anyone who might offer any more advice here. More than likely this thread will catch the eye of one of the Moderators and they'll close it to prevent any confusion.

Good Luck getting rid of whatever has gotten into your system.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,743 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:02 PM

Since another thread on this topic is started here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132118/help-i-am-infected-with-adoginhispen;-problem-w-k8lcom/
This thread is closed to prevent cross posting and confusion.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users