Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time To Die

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jilliantracy

Jilliantracy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:15 AM

So, I have had viruses before, and am pretty sure that I have one now. In the past I've successfully (or so I thought) gotten rid of them, with help from this website. So I currently have the following programs on my computer for dealing with this type of thing: Smitfraudfix, CCleaner, RogueRemover, Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, AdAware2007, and HijackThis.

My latest problem is this little 1x1 inch box that says "time to die" and has an 'ok' button. It comes up after the computer has finished starting up, once the desktop is all set up and all the icons appear and whatnot. Then if I click on any of the icons, say a folder or mozilla firefox, the time to die box pops up. Nothing else has happened yet. I'm sure there's something wrong though, there must be right?? Thanks for your time guys, you're lifesavers!

Jill

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:38 PM

I don't see an anti-virus listed in the steps you have taken so far. Did you perform a full system scan with your anti-virus?

Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"?

If you don't have an anti-virus, please see BC's list of Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps. There are several free online anti-virus scans listed which you can perform.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 syunichi

syunichi

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Right click on the mozilla icon and see where the shortcut brings you. :thumbsup: Keep us updated
Posted Image

Tech Support: "Do you have any windows open right now?"
Customer: "Are you crazy woman, it's twenty below outside..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users