Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Spyware [outerinfo, Etc]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 geoffre

geoffre

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

so my laptop is pretty swamped with spyware. very often my browser pops up with outerinfo or other ads that force all browser pages to close. in addition some popups routinely crash explorer and cause the taskbar and desktop to reset. i really need a reliable non-system hog of a spyware protection proggie; zone alarm just absolutely decimates system resources. in general my computer's operation has been slowed drastically (nearly to a crawl). also as i'm typing this my cursor randomly jumps up to different areas forcing me to re-click where i was typing. this is very annoying and just started happening recently.

heres my recent HJT log. there doesnt seem to be much on it. am i forgetting something?
i know on msconfig i disabled quite a few startup items that seemed erroneous.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:24:15 PM, on 2/19/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\F?nts\??erinit.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6 .exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\OdHost.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr .Exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier .exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp /HIDEBL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jar] C:\WINDOWS\system32\F?nts\??erinit.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr .Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Wireless-G Notebook Adapter.lnk = C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\Gcc.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: NICSer_WPC54G - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys\Wireless-G Notebook Adapter\NICServ.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe

--
End of file - 2584 bytes

Edited by geoffre, 19 February 2008 - 10:38 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hi

Navigate into C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis folder and rename HijackThis.exe file -> geoffre.exe. Post a fresh hjt log after renaming is done :thumbsup:

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 PM

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:22 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users