Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Need Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hockeyplaya91

hockeyplaya91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

I got a virus i think from downloading music and i downloaded avg free and its telling me i have a virus named trojan horse Generic9.AQNO so is there any way to fix this i have windows xp and im not that good with computers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hi hockeyplaya91, Welcome to BC

Sorry to hear about your problem and I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be replying to threads in this forum, however, as I am not giving you any advice to change anything on your system here goes.

When you run AVG after it completes and tells you that you are infected there should be an option on that page that allows you to QUARANTINE the suspect files.

Use that option to quarantine the Trojan so that it can't do any harm and then wait for one of the professionals on this forum to tell you what else to do to get rid of it for good.

Now I'm off to PM a Moderator to find out if it is OK for me to post replies to threads in this forum before I get in trouble.

Good Luck.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 PM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:57 AM

Did AVG provide a specific file name associated with this malware threat and if so, where is it located (full file path) at on your system? If the scan saved a log file, it should show exactly what and where the malware was found so post that instead.

Have your tried running your scans in "Safe Mode"?
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users