Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Large Amount Of Timeouts On Home Network.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kaemic

Kaemic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:02 PM

Olah to everyone out there who actually gives a damn about other people's problems! ;)

My aunt and uncle recently upgraded their network to 8192/256 Kbps but they've been experiencing that their network is a lot slower than before. A ping test on google.com varies from 62~300/timeout at random times and its quite noticeable, one moment you're browsing the web and the next you're getting the fance microsoft timeout error. However, ping tests on the main router always results in 1ms (or lesser) response time.

The main router is an old Jensen Scandinavia Broadband Router II with the IP 192.168.1.1 which distributes onto a switch (with two computers attached, IPs obtained from main router) and a Netgear WGR614 v6(192.168.1.2 | 192.168.2.x) with a single computer attached to it wirelessly.
Regardless of which nodes/computers I disconnect from the network, the problem persists for some odd reason.

I swear, this'll be the only reason that I should have my own 4 by 4 feet rubber-coated cell.

Any recommendations on what I could try doing is greatly appreciated.

~Kaemic

Edited by Kaemic, 19 February 2008 - 04:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users