Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nvidia Geforce 8600m Gs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Spadezfurry27

Spadezfurry27

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Hey everyone, Ive tried searching for this topic first, couldnt seem to find anything directly related to the 8600M GS, and I appreciate any help anyone can offer ahead of time! smile.gif

I just recently traded in my HP Laptop with a newer model that has the GeForce 8600M GS.

The problem is, through the Driver Updates on Nvidia's site, I Cannot seem to find anything for this card. I am running on Vista 32-bit as well.

One of the drivers that I had thought has this card as a Supported Product, only holds the 8600M GT. Is there a difference in these cards? Will this driver work for the GS?

The main reason I am trying to update these drivers ( as i have literally JUST recieved this new laptop) Is due to being stuck with 5-12 FPS In World Of Warcraft.

If anyone has any information or advice for the Driver situation, please let me know! Thanks to all again!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smurfgod

smurfgod

• Members
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:44 PM

http://www.notebooks-drivers.com/hp-laptop...deo-driver.html

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

What is the make and model of the new laptop?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 NooNoo

NooNoo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hey everyone, Ive tried searching for this topic first, couldnt seem to find anything directly related to the 8600M GS, and I appreciate any help anyone can offer ahead of time! smile.gif

I just recently traded in my HP Laptop with a newer model that has the GeForce 8600M GS.

The problem is, through the Driver Updates on Nvidia's site, I Cannot seem to find anything for this card. I am running on Vista 32-bit as well.

One of the drivers that I had thought has this card as a Supported Product, only holds the 8600M GT. Is there a difference in these cards? Will this driver work for the GS?

The main reason I am trying to update these drivers ( as i have literally JUST recieved this new laptop) Is due to being stuck with 5-12 FPS In World Of Warcraft.

If anyone has any information or advice for the Driver situation, please let me know! Thanks to all again!

Laptops and some desktops can only use drivers provided by the laptop maker - in your case HP. This is because manufacturers have specific requirements for a particular part or set of chips.

I did see that there was a script which allowed the latest ATI drivers to be installed on a laptop, but I haven't seen one for nVidia.

Edit: Omega drivers are supposed to install... but I cannot vouch for them.

Edited by NooNoo, 19 February 2008 - 04:54 PM.

Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Windrivers and Format and Reload

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users