Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:17 AM
I have a very unusual connection challenge. I cannot get certain connections to be made to another in office computer under several circumstances.
Scenario 1 Other office computer is running a website using Xampp and I cannot connect to it. I used to be able to, but something caused it to stop working.
Scenario 2 Other office computer is running Age of Empires III and is listening for other game connections but never finds my computer.
I have tried:
1. Pinging other computer. It does return the ping.
2. Telnet other computer. It does connect.
3. Completely shutting down and even uninstalling Comodo Firewall.
4. Windows Firewall is off.
5. Switching default ports that are used.
6. Running Fiddler and seeing if ports are listening and such. They are listening and sending but not actually with each other.
7. Tried Reinstalling Age of Empires III
Things that work:
1. File Share
4. Google Talk Transfers
I am running Windows XP Media Edition (It came installed otherwise I would be running Pro).
I am on an office network using a linux box router, but the challenge still happens when I am out of the office and VPN in.
A Turn A Tot I fix a lot. Buy my computer today and I will never swear again.
Oh and it is Computer and Literate combined, not Computer and Illiterate