Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Incredibly Unusual Connection Challenge

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Compuliterate

Compuliterate

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

I have a very unusual connection challenge. I cannot get certain connections to be made to another in office computer under several circumstances.

Scenario 1 Other office computer is running a website using Xampp and I cannot connect to it. I used to be able to, but something caused it to stop working.
Scenario 2 Other office computer is running Age of Empires III and is listening for other game connections but never finds my computer.

I have tried:
1. Pinging other computer. It does return the ping.
2. Telnet other computer. It does connect.
3. Completely shutting down and even uninstalling Comodo Firewall.
4. Windows Firewall is off.
5. Switching default ports that are used.
6. Running Fiddler and seeing if ports are listening and such. They are listening and sending but not actually with each other.
7. Tried Reinstalling Age of Empires III

Things that work:
1. File Share
2. Ping
3. Telnet
4. Google Talk Transfers

I am running Windows XP Media Edition (It came installed otherwise I would be running Pro).
I am on an office network using a linux box router, but the challenge still happens when I am out of the office and VPN in.
A Turn A Tot I fix a lot. Buy my computer today and I will never swear again.

Oh and it is Computer and Literate combined, not Computer and Illiterate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users