Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C Disk Scan Freeze

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 coco_c

coco_c

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:29 AM

Hi there,
My computer says: Window has detected corruption on local disk (C:) and asks me to check for errors before i start my computer. However when its scanning it freezes at 1 percent and stays like this for hours. So i have to end up manually shutting down my comptuer and skipping the test everytime i startup my computer. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thankyou!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:31 AM

I would suggest running a free, bootable diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of your hard drive. This will thoroughly check the status of your drive and will let you know if there are any issues with it.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 coco_c

coco_c
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

Hey Usasma,

Thanks for your reply... I'm sorry but how do i get this? Is it a software i can get from online? I have a hp pavilion laptop.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:30 AM

Go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc",
then press Enter

In the Device Manager screen, expand the + sign next to Disk Drives to view the drives on your system
That'll be the name of your hard drive - if it's not understandable to you, just search google with it. That should tell you the manufacturer.

Then to to that manufacturer's website and find the "support" or "downloads" link and start looking for the diagnostics.

Or, just post the information from Device Manager for us to look at and we can point you at the appropriate tool.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 coco_c

coco_c
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

Hey,

I couldnt find it on the samsung website. My disk model is SAMSUNG HM120JI SCSI Disk Device.

Thankyou!

Edited by coco_c, 28 February 2008 - 01:18 AM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:39 AM

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download...disp_nm=HM120JI

The above page contains the link for the Floppy and CD versions of the Samsung tool (the floppy is the top one). Download it and follow the instructions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users