Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

safely remove hardware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mangosteen

mangosteen

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 01:00 AM

Hi.
I am using Win XP.

Normally there is shortcut icon for 'safely removing hardware' on my right hand side of my taskbar. (system tray)

But now it is gone. How to bring it back ?

Thank you.
Let's stay happy and healthy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

It only shows I believe when you are using a removable hardware like an ipod and its plugged into the computer or its cradle

#3 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:03 PM

That logo only shows up when i have my usb drive in my computer. So i agree with grinler and say that it will only show up when you have hardware hook up.

#4 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 08:56 PM

If you really want it to show all the time, right click on an open area of your taskbar and choose Properties. Then on the Taskbar tab choose Customize, select the Safely Remove Hardware icon and set its behavior to always show.

Personally, I would set it to either Always Hide or Hide when inactive. If you ever need it all you will have to do is click the arrow that appears next to the notification area (system tray) when you hide icons and select the safely remove icon.
There is no justice, there is just us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users