Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hid Software Causes Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 provocateur

provocateur

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:58 AM

When I boot up my PC, I get the following error.. "HID Non-User Input Data Filter" - fatal error installing. Then if I click "OK" on the error the wallpaper shows. I then have to open Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del) and click "New Task" and run explorer.exe to get any further. Strangely, sometimes after clicking "OK" on the error the PC starts normally. Any ideas? All assistance gratefully received.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:38 AM

Hi provocateur, Welcome to BC,

I Googled up that HID thingy and found a lot of reading about it here --> http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navc...put+Data+Filter <-- you might give that a go and see if any of it sounds like whats happening with you.

The reading that I did seemed to indicate that the HID thingy is part of a Microsoft Update and this

- fatal error installing

is what I'd call a clue.

Maybe if you could back track through your MS updates you could find the faulty installation and remove it, though I don't know if that's possible.

Sorry I couldn't have been more helpful.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 provocateur

provocateur
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:59 AM

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for the link, but it seems that everyone is happy with this software. It does not affect my PC (WinXP SP3), but it is an irritation to see it everytime I start up my PC.
Maybe installing SP3 made the update link at Microsoft think I had Vista and the software doesn't work in XP. Who knows? M$ won't support SP3 until the officiial release is out, so I wait in anticipation.... :thumbsup:

#4 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

Hi provocateur,

Well from what I read that HID thingy has been giving people a fit for a couple of years now... looks like Microsoft would have fixed that problem by now.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users