Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Is A Mess With Tmp Files That I Need!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Luciddreamer92

Luciddreamer92

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:36 AM

I have to have the word documents I write but when I go back and look at them some look like ghosts and are classified as TMP files, as I don't know what these are and I really NEED the documents in full does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? ~WRL1371.tmp for example or WRL0702.tmp is a vital document for me!

What is going on and how can you help me?

Kind Regards in Advance,

Pete

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:12 AM

What version of Word?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#3 lhamil64

lhamil64

• Members
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:43 PM

This happens to me, but they go away once you close word (well they do on word 2003)

I have never tried deleting them (but ill try right now with a sample word document)

OK i tried it, but i only get one temp file and its not renamed .tmp, its just the word document with a tilda (~) in front of it and hidden. It deleted itself once i closed word.

I would just ignore them, and if they really annoy you, go into Folder options and uncheck "Show hidden files"
Ghost-looking file icons means that the file is hidden, so if you view these types of files, then you have hidden files shown.

#4 Luciddreamer92

Luciddreamer92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:01 PM

Thanks all,

The local computer shop expert said if I wanted to get back a file marked as tmp to open it and save it in word document then delete the shadow like tmp file.
I had lost some of my work to this weird tmp thing but have all files back now and have got myself a computer stick!

Kindly,

Pete :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users