Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Parents Controlling Relationship

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:13 AM

anyone else here experienced/expereincing(sorry for the crap spelling) parents controlling you and your partners relationship?

me and my GF have been going out for over 3 years (anniversary was on valentines day actually :flowers:)

her parents *finally* dawned on the fact that we *may* be sleeping together. i have never ever once had a run in with them, now suddenly she is doing stupid things being with me, i wont go anywhere in life, i lie to her, you know all the usual *removed profanity* bullbleep that comes with that crap

sooo nieve(sp??)...i mean comon, 3 years? what do they think i have been doing with her(sexual wise) for a large part of that time???

worst part of all - i have absolutely no idea what to say or do?? like, i can try and defend myself, and she does try to defend me, but it gets us nowhere(YOUR LIEING).

like seriously i am completely speechless/actionless..i love her to death :thumbsup: but for some reason have nfi hey??...they havent made her a ultimatum yet but i can see one comming soon so.... yeah :'(

gl2me

Mod edit: removed profanity.

Edited by rigel, 19 February 2008 - 04:22 PM.

=)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Garric

Garric

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

The best thing you can do is not let it get to you. I was with my ex for 2 years before her parents finally drove us apart. Let's see... that was a couple of years ago. I think i was 19, and she was 18. Her parents used to not let us even go for walks together, afraid that i was going to whip it out and make love to her on the side of the road.

My advice... be respectful, listen to what they have to say, but defend yourself none the less. Don't start swearing at them or acting like a moron, because then you would be proving them right. Also, let them know that you do care what they think, and want to know why they think what they do of you. Assuming that you're not taking her out to do drugs and get trashed, you should be alright, assuming her parents are reasonable human beings. Let them know that you would never do anything with their daughter without proper protection and such as well. Don't let them affect your opinion of yourself, or your gf's opinion of you though, because then you're set for ruin.

I know what it is like to go through something like this though, so feel free to pm me if you want to talk or something like that.

-Garric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users