Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting Into Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew D'Angelo

Andrew D'Angelo

• Banned
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

anyone know how to log onto a xp based computer when the username has a p/w..my frends parents are being not cool making her have to ask them for the p/w when she wants to go on ....can you help me get her the pw..?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Renegade383

Renegade383

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:32 PM

Try logging in as guest

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

If the owner of the machine does not want someone (anyone) to access their computer, then they reserve that right.

I hope I do not get in trouble with the mod's for helping you. but...

According to Bleeping Computer's discussion rules: which can be found here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

The parents have put the password on the computer for a reason, and it is not a good idea to help someone defeat or attempt to defeat security measures they have in place. If the child wants to think his/her parents are not cool, then so be it. They know their child, you do not. When the parents find out that the child got around their security measures, then the child will have to pay the piper. Since the parents are the ones paying the bill for the internet, they set the rules.

Despite your statement about the parents rights, you forge ahead with your "advice".

I'm reporting this thread to the moderators, who will-I hope-remove not only your link and advice (which I did not include when quoting you), but also that of Renegade.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 19 February 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#4 4ward_tristan

4ward_tristan

• Members
  • 211 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:54 PM

ubcd

note:must have physical access to machine
=)

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

The moderators have been notified, one of them will deal with this thread.
Until they do, please do not post any more suggestions.
If you do,YOU will be in violation of the rule I mentioned above.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less purposeful reasons.
It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

Reference: Bleeping Computer Board Rules http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

This thread is closed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users