Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Helppppp

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 madeupfile

madeupfile

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:39 PM

ok im playing L2 and it encounters a crital error and must close and it dose but the only thing i can see is my background and it stays frozen like that so i shut it off and turn it back on but on the loading screen a blue screen pops up and says:

A problem has, been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer. if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps: disable or uninstall any anti-virus disk defgeration or backup utilities chek your hard drive configuration and check for any udated drivers. run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer

tec info:

*** stop: 0x00000024 (0x0019023, 0x85E26CAO, oxc0000102, 0x00000000)

i don't know how to diable or uninstall any anti-virus disk thingy or backup utilites or check my hard drive config iv run the hard drive corruption thingy and got WDC WD2500js-75NCB3-pass

TssTcrop DVDT/-RW TS- h653a- diagnostics not supported

Edited by madeupfile, 18 February 2008 - 10:14 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:06:45 AM

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hi madeupfile, Welcome to BC,

I don't play any games so I cant tell you anything about game related problems so I'll just ask "Does that error message pop up EVERY time that you reboot your system or does it only pop up after L2 crashes and you reboot?

You said,

i don't know how to diable or uninstall any anti-virus disk thingy or backup utilites

you don't have to do all of that if you go into Safe Mode because none of that stuff is running in safe mode.

I think that you can do the Start > Run > cmd> to open the CMD thingy then type CHKDSK /F or chkdsk /f at the command prompt and click enter.

BUT I would advise you to make sure that you have your Windows installation CD's handy BEFORE you start that because your system might want you to stick one in and I don't know what would happen if you don't have them and have to abort the operation.

I would suggest that you go here --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ <-- and open a thread as some of those games that you play while on the Internet can pick up some nasty stuff. At least those guys could point you at the right forum if you're not infected.

Good Luck,

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#3 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:55 PM

sorry about the confustion but its a critical error and the game has to close like for internet and the send this info to microsoft about it dont send send... but after word some times it frezzes so then you have to restart it by holding the power button and when u turn it back on the windows loading screen that says welcome to windows or some thing like that and not 2 seconds after its started to load the screen pops up so i cant click on start...

and my friend says its the blue screen of death so only things i can do is go to system setup or w/e or boot screen

Edited by madeupfile, 19 February 2008 - 05:07 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:11 PM

Do you have an XP CD?

The recommended approach is to run chkdsk /r (or the equivalent) on the boot drive.

http://www.updatexp.com/stop-messages.html

XP Chkdsk, Using the Graphical Version (My Computer) - http://www.updatexp.com/windows-xp-chkdsk.html

If you cannot get into Windows, you need an alternative way of running chkdsk.

Desktop or laptop?

Louis

#5 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:30 PM

its a desk top

and im kinda confused on it so if you could simpafy it for me step by step

Attached Files

Edited by madeupfile, 19 February 2008 - 07:36 PM.

#6 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hi madeupfile,

Just for future reference... lots of people won't download and open attachments, like the one that you left in your last reply, for fear of getting infected.

You should do a screen shot of what you're looking at, then save it to your pictures folder as a .JPG file, not a .BMP as those suckers tend to be huge, then use UPLOAD feature to upload that pic from your PC to your reply.

Before you take your friends word for 'The Blue Screen of Death' thingy you should do some research and find out just what that term means. Shoot, I had a Tech guy at Best Buy telling me that the one little tenth of a second of blue that flashed on my screen at startup was the Blue Screen of Death... Yeah, right, some of those guys are dumber than a box of rocks.

What operating system are you using? Windows XP or what? You kind of walked around the Safe Mode thingy Boo... so have you tried getting into Safe Mode to try to fix your problem or are you just continuing to boot up, log on and start playing that game?

You said -->

and im kinda confused on it so if you could simpafy it for me step by step

well those of us who are reading this and trying to offer you help are in the same boat.

At least I am, confused about what you're trying to say I mean... so could you simplify things for us a bit and walk us through your problem one step at a time?

Like go through everything that you do from the time that you hit the 'ON' button, and answer the question "Are you able to get into Safe Mode?"

Hope I'm making sense here.

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

#7 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:36 PM

yea sorry i have xp so i turn it on it goes to pick from safe mode safe mode with network or some thing like that a diff safe mode i forgot
start up wth last windows options that worked last time
start windows up normaly

iv tried all of these when i start normaly or last options that work it shows the windows starting up but after not even a sec the WHOLE screen turns blue with the error message in white text

safe mode it dosent show the loading screen but then the WHOLE screen turns blue with the same error message

(hope the pic i post works)

Attached Files

#8 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:38 AM

Hi madeupfile,

Huh-Oh! I'm afraid that your friend was right about that being the dreaded BSOD. Bummer that. Have you checked out the two links that hamluis gave you yet? There's some good reading there. Don't know if any of that will help you if you can't get into safe mode though.

When you get that error message is it the exact same message every time? And is it the same as what you said in your original post?

If it's a different massage could you try to copy EXACTLY what it says and post it back here? I'm off to try to find you someone who is way more knowledgeable about this stuff to help you.

Wendy

#9 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

yes the message says the same thing EVERY time ill type it word for word again

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation
or backup utilities. check your hard drive configuration,
and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check
for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x85E32CA0, 0xc0000102, 0x00000000)

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hello please run chkdsk /f,(note there is a space after the k)

Don't perform Chkdsk F while working on other projects. Chkdsk's scan of your drive will seriously hamper system performance.
Always back up important files before performing a Chkdsk F. Since Chkdsk F will automatically make changes to you files and your drive, there is no way of knowing which files are being affected until the process is completed.

Run Chkdsk F in Windows XP
Step 1:
Be aware that it is no longer necessary to run Chkdsk F from the DOS command line. You can still do it this way if you'd like (open the DOS command line and type "chkdsk /f"), but Chkdsk is now integrated into Windows itself.

Step 2:
Run Windows XP normally, allowing it to load fully.

Step 3:
Access the "My Computer" menu. You can do this by clicking the Start menu and clicking the "My Computer" menu option. You can also double-click the "My Computer" icon if you've enabled it on your desktop.

Step 4:
Right-click on the drive on which you wish to run the Chkdsk F command.

Step 5:
Click "Properties" in the right-click context menu.

Edited by boopme, 20 February 2008 - 05:27 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:34 PM

... i said i cant get onto windows... it starts to load windows but then the error pops up not even safemode

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,072 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ok we need you to answer some questions

If you cannot get into Windows, you need an alternative way of running chkdsk.

Desktop or laptop?

What antivirus and firewall are you using?

Can you access safe mode?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#13 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:47 PM

what? i said its a desktop and i have mcAfee i think thats how you spell it...

no i cant use safe mode or any other from the list

Edited by madeupfile, 20 February 2008 - 05:49 PM.

#14 madeupfile

madeupfile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

i have a labtop if what u mean is to hook the 2 up but i wouldnt know how

#15 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hi madeupfile,

Well, I hate to say this but it looks like you might have killed your PC with that L2 game thingy. Do you, by any chance, have the Windows installation disks for your machine?

boopme asked about your Anti Virus... you said that is was McAfee, did you buy it from the store or did you get it off of the Internet?

Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users