Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Panasonic Cf-19 And Bluetooth Stacks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ronmac7609

ronmac7609

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:54 AM

Does anyone know how to remove the Toshiba bluetooth stack on a Panasonic Tablet PC and get the Windows bluetooth radio to install? I can do it on the Panasonic CF-18's. The CF-19's have integrated BT and it will not recognize it after uninstalling Toshiba stack during reboot. The older CF-18's had BT installed as an extra and it was recognized and Windows BT installed during reboot. I need to do this to receive bluetooth data from a defibrialltor to a software program. Wrosk great on the CF-18 model but I am at a loss with the CF-19.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:44 PM

"
Remove Toshiba stack from a Panasonic Toughbook, model CF-18 (similar process for SonyVaio UX Mini-PC)

Steps for uninstalling the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack and using Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Stack

1.) Goto Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
2.) Delete all files beginning with TOS in the C:\Windows\INF directory
3.) Reboot
4.) "New Hardware Wizard" will appear - cancel it.
5.) Open Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware)
6.) You will see a yellow question mark, "Uknown Device" called "UGX"
7.) Right click on "UGX" and select "Properties"
8.) Go to "Details" tab
9.) Select "Hardware ID" from the drop-down menu
10.) Select the Hardware ID that does notinclude the word "Rev" (2nd in our list)
11.) Select it and Copy it to the clipboard with "CTRL-C" (it will be like "USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3001")
12.) Go to the C:\Windows\INF folder
13.) Find the BTH.INF file and open it in Notepad
14.) Under the "[Toshiba.NT.5.1]" key, add a new line
15.) Paste your copied text on the new line
16.) Now edit the line to look something like this: Toshiba UGX= BthUsb, USB\Vid_044e&Pid_3001
17.) Save your changes
18.) Reboot
19.) New Hardware Wizard opens - select "No, not this time"
20.) Click "Next"
21.) Select "Install from a list or specific location...", click Next
22.) Select "Don't search, choose driver to install", click next
23.) Pick "Toshiba UGX", click Next
24.) Drivers should install without problem
25.) Windows Bluetooth Icon will now appear in your system tray"
From http://serialio.com
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users