Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Download Limit?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 n0data

n0data

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum I wasn't sure where it should be put.

Last night my internet service suddenly stopped working throughout the house. I called Cogeco and apparently I'm 20GB's over my download limit. I had no knowledge whatsoever that this limit existed. Is there any other ISP I can use so I can get more download space, or is there a better service on cogeco so i can at least get 50GB?

Thanks,
n0data

(Moderator edit: added Topic Description. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 18 February 2008 - 10:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:42 AM

According to their website, their max is 100GB. So you may have to upgrade your service. You may want to do some research on alternatives like Bell Sympatico or Rogers but keep in mind that with Cogeco you can package your internet with your TV and you may not be able to do that elsewhere. BTW, I'm on Rogers. Check out the link.

http://www.cogeco.ca/en/high-speed-internet-_o.html

#3 n0data

n0data
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

Yeah I'm on the complete plan (phone, net, cable) so my parents don't want to change but I'm going to call cogeco later and have another chat.

UPDATE: Well apparently I'm running a bundle with Lite so there isn't much I can do. Thank you very much for the info.

-n0data

Edited by n0data, 18 February 2008 - 06:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users