Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blurred Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ElliottC

ElliottC

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 05:42 AM

Hi all,

I have an Acer Aspire 5002WLMi notebook with an AMD Turion 64 ml-30 processor. I have had it about 2.5 years, and have recently noticed that the LCD screen is starting to become slightly blurred - images are still fine, but words are noticeably blurred on approximately every other line.

Now I know this is probably just normal wear and tear; and that the laptop is simply getting older and will need replacing in a year or so. I was wondering, however, whether there are any driver downloads or other software I could get my hands on to halt, slow-down or solve the blurring process.

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Cheers, guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:19 PM

Do you have the serial number for the unit? I can't find that model on their site. Was this model purchased in the US or somewhere else? It's possible you screen resolution might be off a bit
Since you said it's mainly text that's the problem, you could try Microsoft's Clear Type. You can tweak a lot of display settings with it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ElliottC

ElliottC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info, garmanma, Clear Type does help out with the text.

I purchased the Acer in Canada, and when I go to the website my notebook is listed under Aspire 5000.

Appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users