Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Load Google Pages

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 hozzi19

hozzi19

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:18 PM

I am unable to load my google mail page and google maps. It goes to a page that says "loading..." and just hangs there. This happens only on my laptop, I can access it on other computers. Ive tried to load it in Firefox and IE. I have run several spyware programs and virus scans and nothing seems to be picked up. Anyone have any ideas???

Mod Edit: Topic moved to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 18 February 2008 - 09:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 08:34 AM

Delete Google cookies and try again...possible corruption in current cookies, especially if this is only website with problems.

Louis

#3 hozzi19

hozzi19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:18 PM

Thanks for the response... I Deleted all cookies for both browsers... Did NOT work. Any other ideas? This is driving me buggy!

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Is Google the only web site you cannot access?

Try this:
Go to the Control Panel then Network Connections.
Click once on your active Connection.
From the menu on the left, select Repair This Connection.
Try to connect to Google.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 hozzi19

hozzi19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

Yes, it seems to be only the GMail section of google once I log in, and the google maps section (I cant load the map part but I can search for directions. I can log onto Google and search fine. This happens in both my browsers. All other websites are working fine it seems. I am able to use this site perfectly and I have access to my network.

I tried the repair thing you mentioned. Didn't work either. Im pretty competent with computers, however this one baffles me?!?

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hello hozzi19,

Perchance, do you have javascripts blocked through an add-on, extension, firewall, or other security program? I have NoScript on my Firefox browser, and I find that I have to allow scripts from maps.google.com to let the map sites work. With gmail, I simply use the basic HTML version. In order to use the Standard Version I'd have to allow scripts from mail.google.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 hozzi19

hozzi19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

Would the Java effect both my IE and Firefox browsers??? How would I allow scripts to my browsers. I cant log into my account to even try and use the HTML version.

#8 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:44 PM

Hello hozzi19,

Javascripts are not the same as Java. I have Java disabled in my browser, but allow Javascripts, though I have them blocked with third party software and create a white list for those sites I allow them on.

Javascripts do affect both browsers. Both ZA firewall pro version and Sunbelt Personal Firewall Pro version allow the user to block javascripts, and this affects all installed browsers. However, if you haven't installed 3rd party software to do this, then that isn't the answer.

You've tried clearing the cookies. Have you tried clearing cache and temporary files? I find that clearing these sometimes resolves such issues as you are having.

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#9 hozzi19

hozzi19
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for all the ideas, I finally solved the problem. It was a conflict with my antivirus settings preventing certain things from loading. I have GDATA AntivirusKit and sometimes it "over" analyzes things. I changed a few of the scanning options and voihalah!

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,693 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hello hozzi19,

I'm glad you got the problem sorted out. Can you tell us what settings you had to change? Other folks with the same problem might benefit from your solution.

Orange Blossom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users