Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dvd Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dumafach

dumafach

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hello, It's been awhile since I have been here. Everything was working fine until now. I hope one of you know what is wrong.
In drive E: I have a CD R/RW + DVD Player. In drive F: I have a DVD R/RW + CD R/RW. I used to copy movies I made from drive E to drive F. I don't know what happeded lately but now drive F: may or may not recognize the DVD at all. It will not record at all. Drive E: now will play and record CDs but when I put in a DVD the computer will stop and after awhile it will go to the blue screen of death or just shut down. I have been trying different programs to see if I can find one that will record DVDs like I want. Each one seems to have it's own flaws. I try them and if they don't work I uninstall them and try another. I have run Nero drive test but unable to interpret the results. I would apprecuate any advice. Thanks

Compaq Presario; Intel Celeron 2.5GHz CPU. 160GB hard drive, Samsung CD, Liteon DVD, Windows XP SP2.

Edit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zahid Shaikh

Zahid Shaikh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 09:52 AM

It seems you are having some kind of Virutal Drive program installed that is not working properly. Uninstall any such programs, reboot and see if it works.

#3 techextreme

techextreme

Bleepin Tech

• Members
  • 2,125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 PM

Posted 17 December 2009 - 10:45 AM

It is very possible that in your travels of software on your computer, you have installed something on your computer that has installed an Upper or Lower Filter driver that is impeding your ability to read and DVD's.

Have a look here and use either the "fix it" or the manual instructions for removing the Upper and lower filters in the registry.

*CAUTION*

The manual fix requires manually editing the Windows Registry on your computer. Done improperly, registry editing can render your computer a brick requiring you to either roll back using system restore or even reinstall your operating system.

*end public service message*

Hope this helps,
Techextreme

"Admire those who attempt great things, even though they fail."

-- Seneca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users