Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which Monitor To Choose?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 albo23

albo23

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 03:50 PM

Hi, I was looking for Monitors for a new computer I am going to build and I have it pretty much narrowed down between two. I am going to be using them for Xbox 360 Gaming and PC Gaming and watching movies on the PC. I also purchased separate speakers. The only things drawing me toward the Westinghouse is the extra inputs for probably watching Cable TV and the brand name. The things drawing my toward the DCLCD is the response rate, contrast, and the HDCP support which the Westinghouse doesn't have. That also brings me to my second question, what is HDCP and what does it do?

Westinghouse LCM-22w2 Black-Silver 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824255003

OR

DCLCD DCL22A Black 22" 2ms(GTG) Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824211010

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Vaerli

Vaerli

• Members
  • 582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:11 PM

contrast rate isn't supposed to be that important, and many manufacturers don't give a very accurate contrast ratio...

Personally? I like the westinghouse design, and it may come down to that. It also has more connections, just in case in the future you get something with those inputs, you can still use it easily without a stupid adaptor.

Q6600, 4GB g-skill, 8800GT, P5N-D motherboard
Posted Image
My art

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,536 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

Personally, I think that Sony makes the best monitors and TV's that there are. I wouldnt have anything but!
If you look at a Sony next to any other monitor the Sony is so much crisper and clearer.
You pay for the quality though and they are hard to find.

My last Sony CRT monitor worked perfectly for 15 years before a color gun went out. That is a real long run for a monitor! My Sony TV is close to 20 years old and still going strong

I currently have a 19" Sony MFM-HT95 monitor. It is absolutely crystal clear. I love it!
It is not only a monitor, it is a high def TV too!

You can plug anything you want to into the back of it. Including your cable TV.
It will do picture in picture. You can watch TV while you surf BC at the same time!
Why you would want to I dont know, but you can. Comes with a remote control.

The drawback: They arent cheap!
I lucked out and got mine two years ago on clearance for $249.
Normally retails for $799
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users