Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dual Booting on Older Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 11 March 2005 - 06:29 PM

Ok we just bought a new computer (nice machine) so now I am aloud to play around with our old Windows 98 machine. I would like to install linux on it. Could someone pleas tell me how to do that. I have already partitioned my hard drive.

Thanks

P.S. I don't want to spend any money so free versions of linux are what I want

Edited by Klinkaroo, 11 March 2005 - 06:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Refrozen

Refrozen

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 PM

Posted 12 March 2005 - 02:23 AM

Partition your drive, install Windows on that partition, (I'll assume you are going to use a user-friendly distro of Linux, in a sec, I'll suggest some) stick in the Linux disk, let it do it's job....

Linux distros that parition and install easily all for you:

Mandrake Linux
Fedora
Linspire (eww)

Edit, by the way, the ad above this post shows as being for VMWare (at least, thats what I see) -- you might wanna look in to that for your new PC.

Edited by Refrozen, 12 March 2005 - 02:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users