Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Motherboard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kolias

kolias

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:41 PM

This is my 1st time I build a new PC and have the following 3 questions (Case = Antec Pro series P182, PSU = Antec 650W Neopower Blue, Mobo = Asus P5k3 Deluxe WiFi, CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E6850).
1: The case has 2 LED lights for 2 IEDE HD with 2 pins plug for each LED but my Mobo has only 1 connection for these lights. Can I use a "Y" connection if it exists or I should forget about the 2nd LED?
2: The Mobo provides a 4 pin plug for the system warning speaker but there is no such wire included in my Case or Mobo. Where do I find this wiring?
3: The case comes with three 120mm fans and each fan has only one standard 4 pin power connector and a switch attached to the case with HI, MED & LO positions (dont know the number of wires for each switch because they are fed with a tinny cable). My mobo has four 3pin voltage regulation connections for case fans. How do I connect my fans to the mobo so it can regulate the fan's speed as needed? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

1. One LED should be your power light (Labeled PLED) and one should be your HDD activity light (labeled IDE_LED)

2. Most cases do not include an internal speaker some manufactures provide them with the MB most do not. its not a critical component to operate the computer unless you have a problem.

3. Those fans are meant to be connected to the power supply with the standard Molex connector and controlled using the included switches.

Edit: The connections for your LED's and Case switches are diagrammed in the owners manual on page 56 of the PDF document. I found this online here

Edited by Sneakycyber, 17 February 2008 - 07:49 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users