Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Log-in Screen Change?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blackchaos93

blackchaos93

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:33 PM

I used to have the typical Windows XP log in screen, where the screen is completely blue and to the right there are the User Icons and if you click on them it will prompt for a password... or just let you log in if you don't have one?

Well, recently, I've had an internet problem, but that's not what I'm here for. I installed a new driver for the internet and everything was without incident, except that my internet still didn't work. So, anyways, I move to turn off the computer, and rather reaching the light blue screen where it tells you "Logging Off..." then "Windows is Shutting Down", I got a box that said pretty much what was going on. I thought nothing off it and turned off the computer.

When I turned on the computer today, I didn't get the normal log in screen, I got a log in window. I know this is a stupid problem, but how do I revert to the normal log in screen?

Edit: Ok... so now I know the problem is a .dll file called rtlgina2.dll that came with the installation of the latest driver for the Netgear Wg111v2 driver... so I think all I have to do is delete it... but is it safe to?

Edited by blackchaos93, 17 February 2008 - 01:54 PM.

I hate my life :(

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Hi, you can uninsatll the driver through add and remove programs, then reboot the PC. If you still get the log in window go to control panel>user accounts>change the way users log on or off.
MCP
MSDST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users