Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browser Running Slow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silfo80

silfo80

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Hello Folks,

Looking for some help with browser speed.

For about three weeks my browser speed has plummeted and I can't seem to fix it.

I am fairly certain its not malware, I have cleaned it and scrubbed it(panda security and hijack this). The only thing that does seem to help is if I repair my connection and briefly things get better and pages load like they did before this trouble struck but after a few moments things slow back down and simple web pages take a minute or two to load.

I think perhaps this started when I began using bit torrent again. Could it be that my internet provider intentionally slowed my connection because I was using bit torrent (I have since stopped using it)?

Also, my other laptop on my wireless connection seems to run just fine no slow loading at all.

Any help would be great,
Brad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

Hello silfo80,

Since your other computer has no signs of browser speed slowness, it's unlikely your ISP has put any Fairness Access Policy in effect. This is when you have maxed out your download threshold and a speed restriction is placed on your connection.

It looks like your topic in HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal was not quite completed.
You can PM the helper in the topic and request that it be reopened so your OS can be looked at.
Your topic is Possible Malwarecrush Attack
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 silfo80

silfo80
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

You think?

I was fairly certain I got rid of the malware (the little icon in my taskbar is gone and I know what everything is on my Hijack This list). Any thing else it could be?

Thanks so much,
BRad

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:17 PM

To be honest, HJT is not my area of expertise, but the timeline is right, and the topic was never completed.

Can you still briefly repair the connection?

Perhaps you'd like to have a look at a few articles related to your problem:

How and Why to Clear Your Cache
It's not always malware
Slow Computer?
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#5 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:51 PM

delet some cookies Temporary files and you should be fine.
Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users