Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Draw

Draw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

I had a Hijack and the damed thing turned off some of my system resorces like my control pannel
when I try to access the control panel thru run this message comes up.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, Please contact your system administorator"

OK how do I remove the restrictions, and how do I turn on my control panle again HELP PLEASE need to do some system maintance and can not get to my system management tools also
Draw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:24 PM

How to reset the registry permissions: http://winonline.blogspot.com/2005/11/rese...issions-to.html
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,072 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

A problem with the above link was noted here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131700/can-somebody-help-me-with-these-instructions-resetting-registry-permissions-to-default/

The double "cdcd" in step 5 should only be a single "CD"
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Draw

Draw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:30 PM

:thumbsup:
are you telling me that my control Panel can be turned on and off by changing a registor key value
this blanket change you sent scares me, and I am not sure about what the process is telling me, like create a cmd file?, I might know how to do that but I'm not sure.

can you tell me where to find the reg key so I can try just changing that first?

I have already dowloades the required file and I not sure of what this file is going to look like ore do in the future?

I can not tell you how much I am so Frighted right now of causing so much problems

#5 Draw

Draw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2008 - 12:51 PM

I tryed to use susgusted fix and it did not work everything did what was expected but when the program ran I got this

A list of all the files it Modifed but right after there was a Failed which listed the same amount of files modifed listed

Whit it seem that it was not able to change premissions at all, Can not log in a admimstrator and I can not get to a cmd promet with out windows please HELP what to do now?
Draw

#6 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 24 February 2008 - 05:58 PM

Hi Draw, Welcome to BC.

Sorry to hear about your problem there... but I've got to tell you that NO ONE here is going to help you to bypass any kind of security that's on the computer that you're using.

That's because no one here actually knows if that machine is actually yours or if you're just trying to crack your bosses\schools or parents PC.

You started off your topic with -->[QUOTE]I had a Hijack[/QUOTE so if that's true then you should post a thread here --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ <-- and explain all about that 'hack' there.

That's the forum where the security people on BC like for you to get started. DO NOT post a HJT Log UNTIL one of the HJT Team members or a Moderator tells you to either, just describe your problem in as much detail as you can and wait for someone to get back to you.

Good Luck

Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users