Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Probable Driver Infection :windows (r) Wdm Driver For Realtek Ac'97 (alcxwdm.sys)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nosferatu_*

Guest_nosferatu_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 10:09 AM

was having issues with the sound drivers on my P.C.. I use a dual boot Windows 98 SE (C:\ drive)/ XP Pro (D:\drive) ,system.
Have had loads of virus issues poping up every now and then ,though have several softwares installed for A.V,Anti-Spyware ,host guards ,active monitors ,anti key loggers ,key stroke scramblers, etc... on my system,and the resident as well as online scanners give me a clean chit ,however do have viruses /keyloggers activity poping up every now and then,and a bunch of registry errors ,every time i reboot.
Some i have a feeling it is a infected driver behind all this. In 98SE(C:) ,my network adapters don't work (so cannot update my software/A.V. programs) other then that alls well.However in Windows XP my sound doesn't work ,had got an blue screen (system crashed thereafter ) :

Help and Support | Security | Microsoft Update

Download updates for Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS)

This problem was caused by Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS). Windows ® WDM driver for Realtek AC'97 (ALCXWDM.SYS) was created by Realtek Semiconductor Corp..
So expecting a virus , made the mistake of i shift deleting the drivers after running a search ,before uploading and verifying whether/which one was infected (by the way two versions were found ALCXWDM.SYS in D: and alcxwdm.sys in C:)
Followed the solution steps, made sure the new driver was compatible in both 98/Xp environments ,and that i had un-installed it from Xp as well as 98 before proceeding , but it keeps asking me for the same file followed by a list of others,after the system tries to complete installation after reboot.
Also ever time I load a driver installation CD my explorer hangs or doesn't read,initially thought it might
be a problem with the CD ,but tried three others with the same results.Have a Samsung DVD-R,and an ASUS CDR which work otherwise

Also graphics are exploded/minimal color dept in, Xp safe mode ,and cannot be changed.
tried running Avast boot time scan several times without any results.

P.S:FOLLOWING DEVICE NOT INSTALLED:
Unknown device
located on Intel® 82801DB LPC Interface Controller - 24C0
Device instance ACPI\PNPBO2F\4&323CF337&0
Hardware Id's *PNPBO2F

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users