Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mailing Problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Thelastleap

Thelastleap

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:25 AM

The thing is i would love to order stuff from the internet but im afraid they will never come to me. why because i live in a apratment and the front door has a lock on it so the ups or fedex guy cant get in :trumpet: as funy as it is to me but i cant get stuff from the net :flowers: last time i order something it was cheap so it didn't cost much was gta vice city and it never came not even a sign call or a message nothing. any solutions or life has to be this way.

btw the mail man has a key so thats how he gets in hmmm i wonder if i can give the ups people a key wait that wont work o sory thinking aloud :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Yourhighness

Yourhighness

The BSG Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:01 AM

mhhm I live in an apartment in the city. The Amazon packages and stuff delivered by dhl always needs to ring the bell of the receipient. If no one is home, they either leave it with a neighbour and leave a note its there or they leave a note telling you to pick it up by the next post office. Not sure how it works with ups though. If in all doubt, have it sent c/o to your company :thumbsup: . Done that before and they were fine as long it is not weekly and they know beforehand...

"How did I get infected?" - "Safe-hex" - Member of UNITE -
Posted Image

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

It all depends on the delivery person and your neighbors. If you can trust them, it'll work - if you can't, it won't.

Do you know someone that you trust that owns/rents a home? It'd be a lot safer having it delivered there (but a lot of places don't want to deliver to a different address than the billing address). Maybe you could give them the money and they could order it on their credit card?

As a last resort, go out and buy a house! :thumbsup: (just kidding!)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Thelastleap

Thelastleap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:24 PM

ring the bell of the receipient. If no one is home, they either leave it with a neighbour and leave a note its there or they leave a note telling you to pick it up by the next post office.

i see your point about ringing the bell but my house its so old lol it has no bell just a front locked door with no bell and if the guy was to stick a note someone would take it off because i live in a thuggish neighborhood.

If you can trust them, it'll work

cant trust anyone where i live lol cant buy a house either. :thumbsup:

would it be possible for them to give me a call before delivery and if you know what time do delivery men usully come.

Edited by Thelastleap, 17 February 2008 - 08:25 PM.

Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

#5 Thelastleap

Thelastleap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

can i install a bell system how would i look that up on google or is this asking for too much.
Posted Image

Bleeping
Computer ROCKS!!!

Helped me get rid of Rogue software Anti-virus and taught me about virtualization I am grateful. :)

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:33 PM

The "proper" procedure for UPS is to try 3 times to deliver, Leaving a note each time. After the 3rd attempt you can pick it up at their depot. Unfortunately, procedure is not always followed. My friend lost a set of speakers when it was left with his neighbor and the neighbor said he never seen it. Some online retailers have a section where you can write special instructions like "must have signed receipt from purchaser", but that's also a crapshoot
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users