Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Suggestions On Disabling Services

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 src2206

src2206

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:23 AM

Hello

My PC details are as follows:

Processor: Intel E4300
MB: ASUS P5B VM
Memory: (3x1GB) 3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 RAM
VGA: On board Intel X3000 with 256MB shared memory.
Storage: 160GB SATAII+Sygate Barracuda 80GB PATA
Security: Comodo FW, ESET NOD32 AV, Comodo BOClean as AntiSpyware, WinPatrol Free Edition, Spybot S&D TeaTimer
Programs Running at Startup: All the above security applications+kernel fault check+ctfmon

There is no malware in my system.

I also have free versions of AVG AS and SUPER AS installed but none of these run on startup.

I do not use any third party theme packs as such. Though there are some themes (4 at most) available, which do not require to be installed and downloaded from devianart.

Though my PC has good amount of memory, it seems to me be sluggish. I find that launching or closing takes up quite a lot of time considering the amount of memory I have. I have gone through the sticky thread regarding this in this forum and I have verified all the steps. What I suspect that there are a lot of applications installed and I find there are a hell lot of services running (none belonging to malware services class), though startup programs are very limited. I am not sure, but may be I need to disable some unnecessary Windows Services also. :?:

I was wondering whether I could get any expert advice regarding which services can be disabled or put on Manual mode so that the PC can run faster. Also, let am know which software can be used to get a list of services which I post here.

Please help :thumbsup:

Thank you.

Edited by src2206, 17 February 2008 - 02:11 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:15 AM

The site that I recommend for services is http://www.blackviper.com
He also has a file that will reset the services to default in case you have the need after messing with the services for a while (I had to use it! :thumbsup:
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 src2206

src2206
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:47 AM

Thank you usasma :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users